Find Places to Go & Things to Do in Fort McMurray
Are you visiting Fort McMurray for a vacation filled with outdoor activities? Are you staying with us for an extended business trip? The staff of Ridgewood Inn wants our guests to enjoy their stay in the area as much as possible with directions to a good eatery or information about recreation areas.
Find your way around Fort McMurray with some helpful links:
- Brewskis Eatery: Very close to the Ridgewood Inn and has a liquor store as well
- Oil Sands Discovery Centre: An Alberta History and Heritage site with public programs
- Fort McMurray Tourism: Visitor and resident information
- Snowshoeing in Wood Buffalo: Snow-filled forests with trails
- Birchwood Trails: Urban park trails and outdoor green gym
- Canoeing & Kayaking: Four nearby rivers for quiet paddling or whitewater rapids
- Festivals: A country fair and festivals for kids, music and performing arts
- Fishing: Lakes full of walleye, pike and trout are close by
- Ice Fishing: If you prefer your fishing in the winter
- Curling: The Fort McMurray Oilsands Curling Club welcomes you
- Jet Boating: Take a tour or launch your own boat
- Outdoor Activities: Off-leash dog parks, soccer fields and more
- Snowmobiling: Groomed, signed trails with staging areas
- Exercise: Pay a visit to the MacDonald Island Park for swimming, workout areas, a walking track, skating and more.
To find more recreation and resources, go to the Fort McMurray Tourism website.